Planning for an adult family member with Special Needs requires in-depth knowledge of ever-changing local resources, laws, legal and financial tools available as you assist your family member in creating a current and future working plan to meet their lifelong dreams and needs.
As parents, you have always taken good care of your child. How well are your successors equipped to help your child with Special Needs? Speakers, Minoti Rajput, CFP®, ChSNC®, Mehul Mistry, CFP® ChSNC® and Elinor Ho ChFC®, ChSNC®, CPWA® of Secure Planning Strategies will explain the importance of Special Needs planning strategies and will address questions for both planning and key components of the Able Act.
- What will happen to my loved one when I am no longer here?
- What is a Special needs Trust and what type should I create?
- How does the ABLE Act work?
- Why Wills and Trusts alone may not work.
- What are the government benefits and can and will they be enough?
- What are my child’s future housing options?
- How well do your child’s future caregivers know your Estate Plans?
- Have you provided instructions for your child’s future advocate?
- Do you have a Letter of Intent?
- How will the 2019 Secure Act impact your planning?
Planning for a child with special needs should begin as early as possible. Adult siblings and grandparents will benefit from information provided at this workshop.
Date and Time
Wed, Oct 05, 2022
6:30p - 8:00p EST